Update from Maurie Hill – Patient Participating in Clinical Trial to Treat Stargardt’s With Stem Cells
October 16, 2012
As I first wrote in early August, Maurie Hill is participating in the stem cell-derived clinical trial sponsored by Advanced Cell Technology (Nasdaq: ACTC) to treat her Stargardt’s disease.
I suggested that she write about her experiences in the clinical trial and she is doing that.
I also introduced her to Ricki Lewis of The Forever Fix: Gene Therapy and the Boy Who Saved It fame, and Ricki has written an article for PLOS One about Maurie and the clinical trial.
Follow this link to read Maurie’s story as told to Ricki, in more detail.
You might also enjoy...
- Visual Aids for Visually Challenged Patient with Stargardt’s Disease
- Patient Enrolled in Advanced Cell Technology’s Stem Cell Clinical Trial Shares Her Story
- 2nd Clinical Site for Gene Therapy Trial for Usher Syndrome
- Patient in ACTC Stem Cell Clinical Trial With Dry AMD Goes from Legally Blind (20/400) to Near Normal Vision (20/40)
- Can Gene Therapy Help Treat Usher Syndrome Patients with Retinitis Pigmentosa?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments