Patient Enrolled in Advanced Cell Technology’s Stem Cell Clinical Trial Shares Her Story
August 6, 2012
Maurie Hill, a young woman with Stargardt’s disease, was accepted into the embryonic stem cell clinical trial being run by Advanced Cell Technology (Nasdaq: ACTC) at Wills Eye Institute in Philadelphia. She was the first patient to receive the higher dose of 100K of RPE cells derived from human embryonic stem cells.
On her blog, she describes her experiences. To read her story, please follow this link.
You might also enjoy...
- First Clinical Results of Using Embryonic Stem Cells to Treat Eye Disease Published in The Lancet
- ACT Adds Third Clinical Trial Site for Testing Treatment of Dry Macular Degeneration With Embryonic Stem Cells
- Advanced Cell Technology Obtains FDA Approval to Treat Dry AMD with Embryonic Stem Cells
- Stargardt Disease To Be Treated With Embryonic Stem Cells in Trial Initiated by Advanced Cell Technology
- First Patients With Macular Degeneration and Stargardt’s Disease Receive Stem Cell Treatment
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments