Bausch + Lomb Acquiring ISTA Pharmaceuticals
April 9, 2012
In late March, Bausch + Lomb and ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ISTA) announced that they have signed a definitive agreement under which Bausch + Lomb will acquire ISTA for $9.10 per share in cash, or a total of approximately $500 million.
Executives anticipate that Bausch + Lomb will help ISTA strengthen its pipeline and market its products by combining ISTA’s portfolio of non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory, allergy, and glaucoma drops (such as XIBROM and Bromday) to Bausch + Lomb’s portfolio of existing Rx ophthalmology and OTC eye health products. ISTA’s pipeline includes candidates in various stages of development to treat various ocular conditions including inflammation and pain, while Bausch + Lomb’s pipeline of pharmaceutical innovations include the first of a new class of ocular anti-inflammatory agents to come along in decades, and a promising approach to reducing intra-ocular pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
Click here for the full press release.
You might also enjoy...
- ISTA Pharmaceuticals Announces Phase 3 Results for PROLENSA(TM) Eye Drops for Treatment of Pain and Inflammation After Cataract Surgery
- Pfizer Ophthalmics and Bausch & Lomb Announce Co-Promotion Agreement Covering Xalatan, Alrex, Lotemax and Zylet
- ISTA Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Results for Xibrom
- Combining XIBROM(TM) and Lucentis May Provide Added Efficacy Over Lucentis Alone in Treating Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- InSite Vision Commences Phase 1/2 Clinical Study of ISV-303 for Post-Surgical Ocular Pain and Swelling Following Cataract and Other Surgeries
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments