ISTA Pharmaceuticals Reports Results of Studies of REMURA(TM) Eye Drops for Dry Eye Disease
October 18, 2011
Last week, ISTA Pharmaceuticals announced top-line results from the second of its two Phase 3 studies to evaluate the short-term safety and efficacy of two concentrations of REMURA(TM) (bromfenac ophthalmic solution for dry eye) in alleviating the signs and symptoms of dry eye disease.
In the EAST study, REMURA was highly effective in treating a sign and symptom of dry eye but was not statistically significantly better than placebo in the entire patient cohort, a common outcome reported in studies testing other dry eye therapies. In both Phase 3 studies, safety data demonstrated REMURA was well-tolerated, with an adverse event profile similar to placebo and consistent with those observed previously with REMURA in a Phase 2 study and with other prescription dry eye drops. All three formulations were rated by patients as very comfortable.
Click here for the full release.
You might also enjoy...
- Inotek Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Results for INO-8875 in Phase I/II Glaucoma Study
- ISTA Pharmaceuticals Announces Positive Results for Xibrom
- ISTA Pharmaceuticals Announces Phase 3 Results for PROLENSA(TM) Eye Drops for Treatment of Pain and Inflammation After Cataract Surgery
- Regeneron Announces FDA Approval of EYLEA™ (aflibercept) Injection for Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- QLT Announces Positive Results from Visudyne-Lucentis Combination Therapy for Wet AMD
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments