Does Coffee Retard Development of Cataracts?
October 27, 2010
In Molecular Vision journal, cataract development in rats was retarded in those who were administered caffeine, presumably by the anti-oxidants bioflavanoids. But I am sure a year from now, the opposite will be found to be true- there is so much conflicting evidence about coffee. And I’m sure one will have to drink 300 venti’s to get the effect. Why bother with these studies?- seems to me everybody will drink or not drink regardless. As for me, I’m on my third cup today…
You might also enjoy...
- Does Cataract Surgery Increase the Risk of Progression of Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
- What is the Evidence for Free Radical Effect on AMD and Cataracts?
- Does Hormone Replacement Therapy Increase the Risk of Cataracts in Women?
- Do Antidepressants Increase the Risk of Cataracts?
- Can I Use Eye Drops to Treat Cataract?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments