Is Valtrex Helpful in Treatment of Acute Zonal Occult Outer Retinopathy?
October 23, 2010
A small study in AJO demonstrated a nice response to Valtrex in these AZOOR patients. This suggests that the Herpes virus is indeed the culprit. Although AZOOR is rare, a larger, prospective study might be nice.
You might also enjoy...
- Is Valproic Acid a Treatment for Retinitis Pigmentosa?
- Intravitreal Injection of anti-TNF (Remicade) for Wet AMD
- Antiplatelet, Anticoagulation May Increase Risk of Bleeding in Macular Degeneration
- Antioxidant Helpful in Retinitis Pigmentosa?
- Laser Burn to One Retina Causes Both Eyes to Lose Immune Privilege
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments