The Top 10 Eyecare Technologies Developed in Israel
December 3, 2013
ISRAEL21c is an online news magazine that shares news about the latest technologies developed in Israel. A recent article listed the top 10 technologies developed in Israel to treat eye diseases and conditions, and assist individuals with impaired vision. Here is a partial list – click the link below to see the full list and read the full article:
- The implantable telescope developed by Israel’s VisionCare Ophthalmic Technologies improves eyesight in patients with end-stage age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- UpSense is a mobile app offering the first fully gesture-based keyboard to enable people with visual impairment to type on tablets and smartphones using customizable gestures.
- The OrCam camera device by Hebrew University Prof. Amnon Shashua attaches to eyeglasses and “speaks” text (menus, street signs, grocery labels, newspapers) as well as bus numbers and other objects that the user points to. It can even recognize faces and monitor traffic lights.
- An implantable artificial retina activated by eyeglasses from Nano Retina transforms light into neuron-stimulating electrical impulses that could restore vision to people blinded by retinal diseases.
- Amblyz electronic eyeglasses treat childhood amblyopia, or “lazy eye,” via an automatic shutter that makes one lens intermittently transparent or opaque. It is the first alternative to patching or blurring the strong eye in order to force the weaker eye to function and develop normally.
- Notal Vision’s Foresee Home AMD Monitor monitors age-related macular degeneration (AMD) between eye exams, resulting in earlier detection of important visual changes. The system posts the patient’s current data on a secure website where the physician can review it at any time.
Click here to read the full article and view the full list.
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments