Cross-Linking Using Excimer Laser Delivers Better Results Than Mechanical Debridement
September 27, 2012
Ophthalmology: Collagen cross-linking has been shown to improve corneal curvature in diseases like keratoconus. The epithelium often is removed first, and researchers have shown that using the excimer laser to do this is better than mechanical debridement, with better astigmatism using the former.
You might also enjoy...
- Is Collagen Cross-Linking Effective in Treating Keratoconus?
- Is Genipin Better Than Riboflavin in Corneal Crosslinking for Keratoconus?
- What Are Complications of Using Riboflavin–UV-A Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking to Treat Keratoconus?
- Collagen Cross Linking As Treatment For Acanthamoeba
- Would You Recommend Intacs for a 27 Year Old Patient With Early Keratoconus?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments