Eyebrow Fat Not Getting “Respect”
April 26, 2012
Archives: researchers, using sophisticated 3D CT scanning, have demonstrated that eyebrow fat increases in volume in thyroid eye disease, just like the fat and soft tissue in the orbit. They suggest that eyebrow fat be examined more carefully and that standards and normals be established, so that eyebrow fat can be better addressed when surgical correction of thyroid eye disease is considered. Typically it is ignored as surgeons focus on the retrobulbar and orbital tissue that causes disfiguring exophthalmos (bulging out) of the eyeballs.
You might also enjoy...
- Does SmartPlug Treatment for Dry Eye Pose an Infection Risk?
- Can Dr. Maskin’s Probe Help Control Meibomian Gland Disease?
- Is it Okay to Delay Repair of a Ruptured Globe?
- Silicone Vs. Fascia Lata For Ptosis- Where Do You Fit?
- Conjunctivochalasis- underdiagnosed and easy to repair
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments