Blindness After Stem Cell Treatment in China
April 23, 2012
April Archives: It was inevitable. Doctors have documented dramatic loss of vision in a patient with Leber’s who sought stem cell treatment in China. Her vision went from about 20/80 to 20/600 (legal blindness), and baseline visual fields demonstrated severe loss after the treatment due to progressive optic atrophy. As stated many times on this site, people have to be wary of undergoing any kind of stem cell treatment that is not peer-reviewed by legitimate doctors/organizations- not only can one lose a lot of money, but it can also lead to permanent vision loss. One must consult a world-class eye institution for this kind of experimental treatment.
You might also enjoy...
- Lindane Shampoo Causes Optic Neuropathy: Case Report
- What Are Treatment Options for a Patient With Bilateral Vision Loss Due to Swelling Affecting Optic Nerve?
- Can Stem Cells be Used to Treat Optic Nerve Damage?
- Is The New Catena Drug a Good Treatment Option for Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy (LHON)?
- NAION and Using Stem Cell Treatment to Restore the Optic Nerve
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments