Silicone Oil or Gas Tamponade to Treat Macular Hole?
April 3, 2012
I have a macular hole.
Large full thickness, 700 microns, extensive surrounding subretinal fluid, yellow deposits on RPE within hole, mild epiretinal membrane.
My question is would you recommend gas or silicone oil to treat the macular hole?
You might also enjoy...
- Is Silicone Oil Useful as Tamponade in Macular Hole Surgery?
- Treatment Options for Full Thickness Macular Hole
- Can Recurrence of Epiretinal Membranes Be Reduced With Peel of Internal Limiting Membrane?
- What Factors Can Help Identify Risk of Ocular Melanoma?
- New Drug Delivery Device May Treat Retinal Damage Caused by Diabetes
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments