PKP, DSEK or DMEK for Fuch’s Dystrophy?
March 23, 2012
I have Fuchs’ dystrophy and have had a cataract surgery 6 months ago. So far stable. Here are my questions.
1) What is the expected survival time of DSEK or DMEK grafts? Can DSEK or DMEK be repeated on a patient if the first graft wears away?
2) If everything else fails, can we turn to artificial cornea? How long do they survive?
3) Can full PK be performed if DSEK/DMEK fails?
You might also enjoy...
- Corneal Grafts Using DMEK Have Greater Survival Than DSEK Grafts
- Corneas Clear Up After Endothelium Removed!
- Is DMEK Superior to DSAEK for Corneal Surgery?
- Glaucoma, Fuchs Dystrophy and Cataract Surgery
- Patient: 82 YOM With Fuchs Dystrophy, Cataract, and Detached Retina
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments