Visudyne Therapy or Lucentis for Central Serous Retinopathy?
February 29, 2012
I am female, age 45 and Asian. In September 2010, I was examined by a retinal specialist. OCT report showed an ILM-RPE thickness 48 µm.
In January 2011, the retinal specialist administered a half dose photodynamic therapy with visudyne.
In January 2012, OCT report showed ILM-RPE thickness 326um. My vision has not improved.
1. Should I repeat visudyne therapy or directly go for Lucentis now?
2. Half dose or full dose visudyne ?
3. Or should I try combined Visudyne + Lucentis?
4. What is the risk level comparing between visudyne and lucentis ? which treatment will have lesser risk and which treatment will give better healing result?
5. If my case is Central Serous Retinopathy, will visudyne or lucentis be able to help as we had waited for almost a year before the specialist decided to do the half dose visudyne in Jan’2011?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments