Is There a Connection Between Glaucoma and Erectile Dysfunction?
February 16, 2012
Feb. Ophthalmology: Researchers calculated that open angle glaucoma is associated with erectile dysfunction (ED) with an odds ratio of 2.85. The glaring weakness is that they did not account for the fact that many patients take beta blocker drops for glaucoma, which can cause ED – I once had a patient who actually had this side effect, and I suspect more have it but don’t make the connection. Maybe we should be asking men about ED when we start them on Timoptic, Combigan or Cosopt.
You might also enjoy...
- Aton Pharma Acquires Marketing Rights to Preservative-Free Timolol Product Line from Merck
- Aton Pharma Launches Extended Program for Preservative-Free Timoptic® in Ocudose®
- Is Glaucoma Eye Drop Compliance an Issue?
- Patients with Open-Angle Glaucoma Have Increased Risk of Stroke
- Should I Use Cosopt to Manage Glaucoma?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments