Reduce Sulcus IOL Power By 1 or 1.5, not 0.5
February 20, 2012
Feb. ophthalmology: We always reduce the IOL power by about 0.5-1.0 when switiching to a ciliary sulcus fixated lens. Wrong! Researchers have calculated that for IOL power 18 to 25, reduce by 1.0, and for >25, by 1.5-2.0. Stuff like this really can come in handy- be sure to advise the surgical staff to post this in the IOL room.
You might also enjoy...
- Capsular Bag Implantation
- Is New Sulcoflex IOL a Good Option for Residual Error?
- What is the Best Choice for IOL Management for Patients With Subluxated Lenses?
- Iris Claw Lens vs. Iris-Fixated PC IOL – Which is Better?
- Alcon AcrySof® IQ Toric IOL Approved for U.S. Patients with Cataracts and Astigmatism
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments