Transplanting Limbal Tissue No Better Than Plain Conjunctiva In Pterygium Surgery
February 17, 2012
Feb. Ophthalmology: Researchers compared autografting conjunctiva to conjunctiva plus limbal tissue, combined with mitomycin application, and found excellent results for both with no difference. Allow me to remind everyone that conjunctiva autografting with fibrin glue is superior to amniotic membrane and should be standard of care, if you ask me, in the clinic where we treat Black and Hispanic populations.
You might also enjoy...
- Fibrin Glue Beats Sutures
- Fibrin Adhesive Versus Sutures in Pterygium Surgery
- Is Preoperative Mitomycin Just as Good As Conjunctival Flap in Treating Pterygium?
- Conjunctivochalasis- underdiagnosed and easy to repair
- New Limbal Transplantation Technique Used To Treat Blindness Caused by Burns
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments