Do Ophthalmologists Suffer From Neck and Back Pain More Than Other Doctors?
February 16, 2012
Feb. Ophthalmology: Researchers compared family practice doctors to ophthalmologists, and found a much higher incidence of musculoskeletal problems like neck pain, lower back pain and wrist pain in the eye doctors. We all know this from experience, and I am always reminding residents to straighten their back and adjust their chairs when they see patients. As we doctors are forced to see more patients and work longer hours, this problem will become an epidemic.
You might also enjoy...
- Opinion: Healthcare Economics-Is Dr. Mackool Part Of A Trend?
- Congress Delays Medicare Pay Cut
- Is Accepting Insurance A Bad Business Model?
- Top 4 Features of EMR Software for an Ophthalmology Practice
- How Should One Treat Iritis?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments