A Complete List of Current Ophthalmic Stem Cell Trials
January 16, 2012
There are now nine ongoing ophthalmic stem cell clinical trials, with another about to begin in a week or so. Advanced Cell Technology has two clinical trials addressing Stargardt’s Disease, one at UCLA/Jules Stein and the other at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, and one trial for Dry AMD, also at UCLA/Jules Stein, with another about to start at Moorfields for the same application.
Cenecor (J&J) has an active trial for Dry AMD underway at both Retina Institute of CA and at Wills Eye.
There are several trials looking at the corneal surface – one by CellSeed France (being done in Germany); one by a Spanish Clinic at three hospitals in Spain; and two at Japanese University clinics. And finally, there is one trial underway looking at optic nerve atrophy in China.
To see the complete list please follow this link.
You might also enjoy...
- Progress Made in Treating Stargardt’s and Dry AMD Using Embryonic Stem Cells
- Using Stem Cells to Treat Dry AMD and Stargardt’s Macular Dystrophy
- First Patients With Macular Degeneration and Stargardt’s Disease Receive Stem Cell Treatment
- ACT Adds Third Clinical Trial Site for Testing Treatment of Dry Macular Degeneration With Embryonic Stem Cells
- First Clinical Results of Using Embryonic Stem Cells to Treat Eye Disease Published in The Lancet
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments