Achromatic IOL In Trials
November 3, 2011
Chromatic aberration causes the different colors of light to be refracted, or focused, at different focal points. This slightly degrades the quality of the image. A new IOL is undergoing trials, called Hanita, which eliminates chromatic aberration and should increase contrast sensitivity, according to Dr. Alio who has experience with the lens.
You might also enjoy...
- Alcon AcrySof® IQ Toric IOL Approved for U.S. Patients with Cataracts and Astigmatism
- Will New Synchrony Lens Provide Better Outcomes for Cataract Patients?
- Glassesoff App Promises to Eliminate Need for Reading Glasses in Patients With Presbyopia
- Visiogen Raises $40 Million to Support Global Commercialization of the Synchrony Dual Optic Accommodating Intraocular Lens
- Can One Image the Retinal Pigment Epithelium In Vivo?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments