iExaminer Enables Fundus and Other Eye Exams Using iPhone
October 19, 2011
The iExaminer from Intuitive Medical Technologies is a portable device that adapts the iPhone 4 and 4S to the Welch Allyn PanOptic ophthalmoscope (Models 11810 and 11820), thereby enabling doctors to easily image the retina and optic nerve, as well as perform other visual tests, in any setting outside the office.
The device takes simultaneous video and high resolution photographs, and allows the user to pick the best photos from the imaging session. Those photos, along with clinical data, can be saved, printed and/or emailed.
As per the helpful videos on the company’s website, the iExaminer can be used to administer a full eye exam (e.g., visual acuity, intraocular pressure), or capture only select retinal and other images.
You might also enjoy...
- Fundus Exam With an iPhone (With iExaminer From Welch Allyn)
- Researchers Develop Miniature Eye Pressure Monitor for Glaucoma Patients
- Visually Impaired Woman Works With Physicist to Create Mobile Version of Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscope
- Inexpensive Device for Detecting Refractive Error Developed at MIT
- Will Spot Device from PediaVision Revolutionize Vision Screening?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments