MacuClear Working On A Promising Treatment For Dry Macular Degeneration
August 22, 2011
MacuClear is investigating a drop as a possible treatment for the most common form of macular generation- the dry variety. The active ingredient is MC-1101 which enhances blood flow to the choroid and retina. Lower perfusion to the back of the eye is felt to be one of the causes of dry AMD, which allows toxins and debris to accumulate and damage Bruch’s membrane. Dr. Chiou, who started this company, was one of the developers of Timolol, one of the most effective glaucoma drops ever developed.
You might also enjoy...
- New Laser Treatment to Halt Blindness
- Contact Lenses Loaded with Vitamin E May Treat Glaucoma More Effectively
- Will the AdaptDx Device Assist With Early Detection of AMD?
- Acucela Presentations at ARVO 2009
- Can Ellex’s 2RT Nanosecond Laser Halt the Progression of Macular Degeneration?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments