What Are The Treatment Options for NAION?
August 2, 2011
My brother-in-law has been diagnosed with NAION (Nonarteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy) in both eyes. The first eye problem resulting in NAION was 18 months ago. 2 weeks ago the unthinkable happened – the second eye is now involved. My research leads me to believe there is no treatment for this condition.
Are there clinical trials currently being conducted for treatment of NAION. If so, where?
Who is considered the authority for this condition?
I would appreciate your help regarding guidance concerning treatment of NAION.
You might also enjoy...
- Does Viagra Increase the Risk of Nonarteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION)?
- NAION and Using Stem Cell Treatment to Restore the Optic Nerve
- What are the Treatment Options for Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (AION)?
- Can You Get NAION From Cialis?
- Does Interferon Alpha Therapy Have Ocular Side Effects?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments