New LASIK “Ask the Surgeon” Online Resource Launched
May 27, 2011
The choice to get LASIK surgery should be made only after educating oneself on the process, consulting with doctors, and getting an evaluation. As of the beginning of May 2011, questions can now be answered by experienced LASIK surgeons through the website seewithlasik.com.
Users can post questions through the “Ask LASIK Surgeons” button, which will be forwarded to the LASIK Editorial Advisors for review and comment. Answers will then be posted on a blog so that all users can benefit.
The site also provides a wealth of materials on the procedure and directory of LASIK surgeons. Unlike other LASIK education websites, seewithlasik.com does not accept funding or advertising support from any source and therefore can remain unbiased in what it presents to the public.
To access the website, click here.
Risa Schulman, PhD
Expert, Healthy Food and Dietary Supplement Science, Marketing and Regulatory
You might also enjoy...
- Reported Eye Infections from LASIK Surgery Raise Safety Concerns in Japan
- ReLEx Femtosecond Laser System Represents Less Invasive Approach Than Standard LASIK Surgery
- Femtosecond Laser vs Microkeratome for LASIK
- Technolas Growth Fueled by Only Comprehensive LASIK Treatment for Astigmatism Approved by the FDA
- FDA Says LASIK Ads Must Warn Consumers of Side Effect Risks
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments