iStent With Phaco Gets Better Pressure Control Than Phaco Alone
April 4, 2011
Ophthalmology: Researchers compared phaco with and without the new iStent (Glaukos Corporation), an implant that is implanted into the trabecular meshwork, using a gonioprism and special inserter. The iStent allows for bleb-free filtration. 72% of the patients with the iStent achieved a pressure of less than 21 vs. 50% of controls. That’s a very nice result, using an implant that looks pretty easy and quick to insert, practically complication-free. Count me in.
You might also enjoy...
- iStent from Glaukos Approved for Treatment of Glaucoma In Combination With Cataract Surgery
- Should You Stick with Divide and Conquer For Cataract Surgery?
- FDA Panel Recommends Glaukos iStent for Premarket Approval
- Excimer Laser Trabeculostomy (ELT) in Glaucoma Treatment
- Is Canaloplasty Worthwhile?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments