Why Am I Seeing Double After Toric Lens Implant?

March 2, 2011

I had cataract surgery and a toric lens put in about 3 weeks ago, now my depth perception is way off and I can’t drive to work.  The eye that isn’t done yet has a bifocal lens in the glasses and I have put clear glass in the eye that had the surgery.  First thing in the morning, I see double, by the end of the day it’s not too bad.  Is this all going to clear up when I get my other eye done?

Comments

98 Responses to “Why Am I Seeing Double After Toric Lens Implant?”

1. Dr. Ari Weitzner on March 6th, 2011 3:06 pm

yep! your eyes are not in balance now. hang in there, but of course, be sure to share any concerns with your eye doctor.

2. bonnie on March 19th, 2011 11:54 am

I am tentatively scheduled to have toric lens implant surgery and am hesitant about the distance vision…as opposed to my being very nearsighted since grade school. Am I correct to assume that after the surgery I will be just the opposite. being unable to see up close and able to see at a distance. This worries me, as I am required to run a register and count money at work, and I will still need corrective lenses to acheive this if I can’t see close. I am also recently widowed and have no one to drive for me if I can’t see.

3. Dr. Ari Weitzner on March 20th, 2011 12:28 pm

you should ask to implant the toric lens but leaving you a little near-sighted, like at -1.50. this will allow you to perform most near tasks without glasses. you absolutely must discuss this in detail with the surgeon before surgery.

4. P Cawley on April 25th, 2011 12:17 pm

I want this message to be read by the person above who had the Toric implant and is having a hard time with depth perception and seeing double. I assume you supposedly await a second implant in the other eye.. I am in the same situation as you. My depth perception’s way off and I can’t drive either. But the vision in my first eye is miraculous after the toric lense implant (into my left eye) two weeks ago. I’m literally getting around with one eye. I concede that it’s very limiting until I get the other eye done next week, However, knowing I’m having the other eye fixed has me anticipating. This is only a very temporary problem. You make it sound as if it’s permanent for you. Are you not having the other cataract on your other eyes also replaced with the Toric lense… as well?? I am extremely grateful for this coming my way! I had horrible astigmatism since 3rd grade. My glasses have gotten progressively thicker and thicker. I actually consider myself lucky to have gotten cataracts and being a candidate for these implants which equal a miracle.

5. Karen on May 27th, 2011 6:00 pm

Now, I’m worried. I just made an appointment for a cataract extraction with a possible Acry Sof Toric implant. (if I so decide) I am doing the research and came upon this site. My left eye has already been implanted with a regular implant, so the 2 implants will not be the same. Should I forgo the Toric implant in the next surgery?

6. Diane Donahue on October 5th, 2011 11:31 am

Had toric lens implanted in worse eye Sept 1 – minimal vision before as I was born with “lazy eye”. Can see better than before, could could not read or drive with just that one eye. Had 2nd surgery Sept 15 in better eye. As I wore the gas perm lens contact lens in that eye, had to wait for cornea and biweekly scans to be taken in order for cornea to get back to a more normal position. I was told I would see better distance. Now out of my better eye, I can see extremely well up close, working on computer, etc and intermediate/distance distorted. I thought I could see better distance about a week after surgery, then everything seemed to change. I am on my next to last week of using prednisilione drops. I know eyes have to adjust and my vision is slightly better in the mornings, worse in the evenings. Last check up didn’t reveal any fluid buildup etc. I’m praying this is temporary going into the 3rd week post op. with the distorted vision. With 95% success rate of being able to see distance better with the toric lens, (I have in both eyes) – why am I seeing better up close and distance distorted? Thanks.

7. ari on October 6th, 2011 1:44 pm

sounds like your prescription ended up near-sighted instead of far-sighted. not rare- we cant predict 100% how your eye will end up (accuracy is about 90-95%). my advice- enjoy your near vision and wear glasses for far. im near-sighted, and i love it.

8. virginia on October 15th, 2011 11:08 am

i had toric’s implanted in both eyes….developed double in both…

only required a YAG..a few second laser correction

wasn’t a big deal….it happens, but you must speak up immediately when something isn’t right..just like you would after any medical procedure

9. Dawn on January 8th, 2012 8:57 pm

I had a toric implant 2 months ago in my right eye when correcting cataract surgery. My lens shifted forward. I am now farsighted and see shapes differently. Everything is a trapezoid with the bottom part of a square about 20% less than the top. I have some double vision, light flashes and holographic images, some times in triplicate all on my peripheral vision. What now? Will it get better? It’s like being in a fun house, but I’m not having fun with my distorted vision and light flashes. Need help! Thank you.

10. ari on January 9th, 2012 10:16 am

interesting complaints. i would first make sure your retina is normal- get an oct to rule out epiretinal membrane–that would be the most common cause of distortion. hard to explain how the implant can be causing the double vision, unless it is extremely dislocated. it has nothing to do with the toricity. double/triple vision very hard to blame on the implant. perhaps you have some posterior capsular opacification that is splitting the light? if your surgeon cant give you good answer, get 2nd opinion.

11. Toni on May 22nd, 2012 11:17 pm

I had toric implant and now my side vision isn’t the grea/test. After the first eye there was an imbalance but they said that was normal. But how do u get the peripheral vision back? The surgery didn’t hurt at all. The one eye was 20/40 and a month later is 20/50 is that normal?

12. ari on June 5th, 2012 8:18 pm

the side vision issue is due to the shape of the implant, regardless of the toricity. its very common and you will slowly get used to it. the vision can fluctuate a little in the first month.

13. alice on June 10th, 2012 12:23 am

i had a toric lens implanted in my Right Eye after cataract surgery about 2 months later , i began to see double images.

could this be due to a shift in the lens?

14. charla on June 25th, 2012 12:44 am

I am scheduled for cataract surgery and undecided about a toric lens. I don’t mind wearing glasses. What happens as you age? In the past, my vision has slowly worsened from 11 years old to now 66 years. With a toric lens do you just start better again but slowly deteriorate over time? Or because it is an artificial lens, you remain constant?
    Charla

15. Karin on June 25th, 2012 4:49 pm

I had cataract surgery and a toric lens implanted on June 13/12. I am now very near sighted with very blurry distance vision. I saw the surgeon today and he told me it may have to do with the lens shifting. I see him again on July 18. He told if at that time the blurry distance vision hadn’t cleared up he would make a laser adjustment to it. After that I would need readers but would probably have better distance vision. My other eye is “lazy” and I am very worried. The vision I have now on my once good eye is a complete reversal of what I had before. Has anyone experienced a toric lens shifting into place after the surgery?

16. ari on June 27th, 2012 11:14 am

rare, but no unheard of. has nothing to do with the toricity. if you can read with the eye now w/o glasses, my advice is to leave things alone and get glasses for distance.

17. ari on June 27th, 2012 11:16 am

charla- your prescription wil not change at all after surgery. i strongly advise the toric lens- there is downside, and your vision will be much better w/o glasses. think about it- instead of buying glasses after surgery for the astigmatism, why not implant that astigmatism correction permanently into your eye?

18. Karin on July 22nd, 2012 9:34 pm

I have my cataract surgery over a month ago and my distance is still blurry after about 4 to 5 feet. The surgeon first offered to give me a laser adjustment when he realized he had miscalulated, then changed his mind telling me it was too risky because my other eye is “lazy” and I can’t see much with it. After spending 950.00 on the toric lens I now have to buy glasses again. I told him I wasn’t happy with this and he told me he wasn’t going to sit there and argue with me. Because of his unprofessional behavior both in the operating room and checkups, I cancelled my operation for the lazy eye. My optometrist is getting me an appointment with another surgeon. My question is, is laser surgery risky on a toric lens that was put in the wrong position?

19. ari on July 24th, 2012 8:45 am

not any more risky than regular lasik. toric lens is not perfect- i always tell patients that it gives BETTER uncorrected vision than a regular implant. this way, no one is disappointed if the results are not as good as we hoped. thankfully, it works well the vast majority of the time. as we have noted on these pages, new technology is on the horizon where the power of the implant can be adjusted using special laser after surgery (the LAL lens). also, there is a new gizmo coming out which can measure the prescription of the eye while you are on the table, so we can confirm everything is correct before you leave the O.R.

20. Jack on December 12th, 2012 2:03 am

Had cataract and lens implant in both eyes about a year ago. Left eye is doing fine but the right eye I noticed about 4 months later was getting a little blurry and with shadows to the left of letters. Went back to doctor on two different occasions. The second time back ( after 11 months ) they told me I would probably need glasses. This did not go over well since it has not even been a year. If a surgeon is in the house, this is the info given to me. Sph -0.25, Cyl -0.75, Axis 085, Prism 1.5 BD. Of course, I have no idea what that means other than having to wear glasses which really does not seat well since the whole meaning of having this done was to get rid of the glasses. Have made an appointment with the surgeon who emailed me and told me all sorts of things that could cause this problem with my right eye. I feel a little ripped off. Someone please tell it like it is for once. FAR SIGHTED

21. Judy Davis on December 30th, 2012 2:39 am

I had the toric lens implant for cataract surgery. My vision was 20/200 before surgery. It is now 20/30 without glasses! I am stunned and seeing things I haven’t seen in years. Needles on the Christmas tree for instance. This was done 12/18/12 and I am due to have the other eye done on Jan. 8th. Can’t wait!

22. ari on December 31st, 2012 6:22 pm

yep- its a great lens. anyone with astigmatism should get it.

23. Dana on January 10th, 2013 6:42 am

I had cataract surgery and a toric lens implanted in my right eye on January 7, 2013. My vision is excellent. However since surgery, when looking at oncoming headlights (and other lights) I am seeing a ray of light from lower left to upper right passing thru the light. It rotates to almost horizontal when I turn my head to the left. I understand that the eye needs to heal, but have not bee able to find information about anyone else that has experienced this symptom. I have done a lot of work with various lens in my photographic work and would not expect this effect with a normal lens. My surgeon did not seemed concern at my appointment the day after surgery.

24. Sylvia Johnson on January 14th, 2013 3:51 pm

I was referred to get cataracts removed and my eye doctor said the acrysof toric lens could correct my distance vision and my asthismatism in my left eye. We discussed the fact that my near vision was very good and I didn’t need both lens for near and far vision. Thinking I was getting the best of both worlds, I had the surgery. Needless to say, I am devastated. My doctor nor his nurse never explained that I would have to go to reading glasses constantly! My doctor has agreed to reverse the lens…very upset and scared. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem! I would have never given up my near vision!!!!

25. ari on January 16th, 2013 4:40 pm

this should have been made very clear prior to surgery. i always warn patients who like to read w/o glasses that they will no longer be able to do do if they are corrected for distance. many opt to stay near-sighted

26. Diane on January 19th, 2013 4:32 pm

I had cataract surgery on my left eye on 1/10/13. My vision was 20/400, and is now better than 20/20. However, I am having extreme flashing and jerking in my left eye. It always feels like the eye is constantly changing gears to a different lens and is jumping around with any movement of the eye. I see a dark ring on the outside of the eye. I was told by the doctor and his staff that this will go away in a few days, but it hasn’t improved at all. It is especially bad indoors, like in stores or in my office. It makes me feel nauseous and off-balance to the point I have had to leave the store. It is very distressing and scary. I’ve had the eye checked three times by the doctor who says everything is normal and the lens is in the perfect position. He was very defensive and said that he can’t do anything else to help me. He quoted all these figures about the thousands of surgeries he has done and never had this problem. I even see double at times. It seems much better if I am outside and have sunglasses on. I can’t imagine living the rest of my life like this. I plan on getting a second opinion in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions or explanations for this?

27. Diane on January 19th, 2013 4:40 pm

Forgot to mention that I had a toric lens put in.

28. Bernie on January 22nd, 2013 10:01 pm

I just had cataract surgery using toric lens, I am in the 4th week of right eye and second week of left eye, my vision of distance I right eye is great and sharp. cannot wear the prescription glasses and don’t need them except for real close reading, the left eye, design for close up vision is getting better all the time . the day after surgery I could read a 10 or 12 font size sentence, at a distance of 12 to 18 inches with out glasses and getting better each week. Don’t get discouraged and be sure to do all the drops required.

29. ari on January 23rd, 2013 10:32 pm

diane– the dark ring is a not uncommon complaint with implants. it has to do with the way the light hits the edge of the implant. vast majority live with it. if it really bothers you so much, consider making your pupil smaller with pilocarpine drops, or, have the implant replaced with one with a different edge design. it has nothing to do with the toricity. any acrysof lens (the most common lens on the market) will give this side effect

30. louise on January 25th, 2013 3:19 pm

i have appt to start my surgery with implants—dont’ know if i’ll let them use Toric or just regular lens and after reading where so many are didappointed with there results i may cancel it all out
    i dont’ need glasses to read now and hate to give that upwhich will be the case if i go forward dont’ know if i can pass the eye test to get my drivers lisence renewed
    should i cancle?

31. ari on January 27th, 2013 5:55 pm

the toric lens is a no-brainer. why replace the cataract and not address the astigmatism? there are basically no side effects from a toric lens compared to a regular lens. its a mistake not to get toric.

32. NITA COX on February 6th, 2013 11:08 am

i’m scheduled to have cataract surgery soon, should i go toric or regular lens,i have to wear glasses all the time,and have high astigmatism,also 81yrs. old,would it help me enough,considering the cost?

33. Jodie Lynn on February 9th, 2013 11:15 am

Had cataract surgery with toric lens, BUT, decided on monovision. Three days after yag on left eye (up close vision) the distance vision that was fine became distorted; the up close vision changed and no longer did the two eyes focus at the distance as they had prior. Doctor said I need to do lasik. Not happy.

34. Margarete on February 9th, 2013 11:53 am

I had cataract surgery on my right eye two months ago and a mono-focal lens implant. A day after the surgery, my vision was much clearer and my eye felt as if nothing had been done to it at all. A few days ago I had surgery on my left eye which was actually my better eye. Again I had a mono-focal lens implant, Since the surgery I feel as if there is a foreign body in my eye; I even seem to see something at the edge of the eye, like part of a ring. My vision with this eye is very blurry. When reading, about five words look bold and the next two words look very light even though they are all the same. I was told before the surgery that I had astigmatism but I decided against the toric lens because I thought that the astigmatism was caused by my cornea and if there were cornea changes in the future, the toric lens would not be effective anymore.
    I always assumed that after cataract surgery the astigmatism would affect your vision of both eyes but if I covered my good eye, I would see as clearly with the stigmatism eye as with the good eye. Was this assumption wrong?
    I now believe that the implanted lens was not positioned correctly. Does anyone have any idea?

35. ari on February 10th, 2013 1:39 pm

the foreign body sensation is from the incision- it will go away sooner or later.

the ring you see is a shadow caused by the edge of the implant. it is not a rare complaint, and almost everyone gets used to it. but your complaint about words looking light is a little unusual. it may pay to get a second opinion re the centering of the implant- i assume the remainder of your exam, like the retina, is normal-an OCT scan is helpful to rule out subtle problems in the retina like CME that can blur the vision a little.

your ideas about the astigmatism are unreasonable, im afraid. the changes in corneal astigmatism over time takes decades- it makes little sense to give up astigmatism correction now, just because it may change a little over the next couple of decades. so i think you forfeited better uncorrected vision- not the end of the world, though.

36. ari on February 10th, 2013 1:42 pm

nita cox–the toric lens is worth the cost. you will have better uncorrected vision.

jodie lyn–i cant explain blurred vision after yag. and i dont understand how the up close eye had good distance vision prior to the yag??

37. BOB FULLER on February 21st, 2013 1:34 am

I am having cataract surgery and toric implants in a couple of weeks. The surgeon suggested the left eye for distance (dominant eye) and right eye for reading. After reading some of these complaints I am scared that my eyes may not work well together. I can read very small print without glasses and hate to lose that. I am right handed and hunt a lot, aiming with my right eye. I hope I can still be able to shoot a gun for distance and read my computer without glasses. We had planned to use restor lens but too much astigmatism in both eyes resulting me to change to the toric lens suggested by my surgeon. Question being can I still aim a rifle or shotgun with my right eye with a close up lens? I would also like your opinion on combining the near lens in one eye and distance lens in the other eye. Thanks Bob

38. Nina on March 2nd, 2013 5:36 am

I have been short-sighted (-6.50 at present) since the age of 14 with some degree of astigmatism which is getting progressively worse. I wanted laser surgery, but was told it could not be done as my cornea had become too thin due to years of wearing hard lenses. Asked about lens replacement, but was told I had better wait for cataract surgery . However, I have been told by optician as well as other eye specialists that there is no indication of cataract in my eyes. Is there any reason why I cannot have lens replacement surgery? I don’t wish to give up my ability to read without glasses, but then I hate wearing glasses! What is the best solution for me please? I’d appreciate your advice. Thank you
    Nina

39. Nina on March 2nd, 2013 5:38 am

I forgot to mention that I am 59.
    Thank you.
    Nina

40. ari on March 3rd, 2013 6:56 pm

you can most certainly get “cataract” surgery even though there is little or no cataract- “clear lens exchange”. you should definitely consider toric lenses, and make your self like a -2.50 or so. you’ll read nicely w/o glasses.

41. Misty on March 9th, 2013 2:14 am

Like Karin, (6/25/2012) I had toric implant in my right eye 2.5 wks ago. I requested correction for distant vision, and the only place my vision is now clear is 4-8′. My cataracts were mild, but I’ve had a sore that won’t heal on my nose caused by glasses frames for 30+ years, and thought going without glasses would clear it up. I don’t mind wearing glasses, but I now feel like my eye is permanently ruined, as distant vision is as poor in my right eye as my left uncorrected eye, close vision is not good enough to read, and my spacial perception is skewed, as described here by others. I have cancelled the surgery on my left eye, as I don’t want it ruined as well by an incorrect RX. How many years until the technology to measure the correction during surgery, as you mentioned, is available? And can this implanted lens ever be “fixed”? I have an appt. next week with the surgeon, who doesn’t seem too concerned, over the phone. Should I get another opinion, or just wait for the new technology and use somebody else. The surgery was flawless, the RX is simply wrong. I’m 63 yrs. old

42. ari on March 10th, 2013 1:36 am

there are only a few surgery centers which have the latest high tech machines that can actually measure the prescription of your eyes while you are still on the operating table. i know of only one in new york city- dr. donnenfeld. these machines pretty much make iol power mistakes a thing of the past. new iol’s that can be adjusted in the office with special laser light are almost here- maybe a year or two.

the only way to fix the eye now is to have the iol surgically replaced- not that big a deal if only a few weeks ago. or, have lasik done to the eye.

43. sharon liska on March 23rd, 2013 1:06 pm

I had toric surgery 5 days ago for astigmatism and cataracts on my right eye. My vision was 20/80 and after surgery 20/40. I was wondering if my distant vision will improve in the next couple days. I am scheduled to have the other eye done in four days………..

44. c spruth on March 25th, 2013 8:02 pm

I am 16 and just had cataract surgery with a toric lens put in for the astigmatism. When I was younger I also had lazy eye. When I look at people with both eyes they look like cartoons or animated? What is that? It also feels like I have something sharp in my eye. I am also getting headaches. I’ve already returned to the doctor to have fluid taken out of my eye for increased pressure. Is everything going to look like I’m on a psychodelic drug for the rest of my life, I’m only 16! HELP!

45. ari on March 27th, 2013 8:53 pm

you may have some residual astigmatism or other non-lens issues, like dry eye. or, implant is not precisely in position. ask the surgeon what he thinks.

46. Russell on March 29th, 2013 7:19 am

I’m 67 and I’ve recently had cataracts removed from both eyes and toric lens inserted. I had severe miopia and astigmatism and also have Fuchs Dystrophy. I decided to go ahead with the operation because I was on the borderline for driving. I was struggling to read road signs and to recognise faces from a distance but could read and use my PC (I work in IT) without ,spectacles. I went to a reputable private Eye Clinic via my work health insurance although had to pay for the upgrade to toric lenses. I used a consultant with a good reputation and when I was examined, he told me that he belived I would be O.K. without any surgery for the Dystrophy. I had the operations with a 4 week gap between each eye. Both operations were totally painless and the consultant told me they were clinically perfect. My eyes have been checked and I’m told that the Dystrophy has not deteriorated because of the operation and the new lenses are in the perfect position. The consultant gave me the choice of long or close vision and I chose to improve the long range vision and to get spectacles for reading and PC work. The consultant was very optimistic that i would have good long-range vision and that most – but not all – of my astigmatism could be removed. Sadly, although it’s now 8 weeks since the first eye was done and 4 weeks since the second eye was done, I cannot see clearly either for reading, using the PC or at long distance. The right eye seems to be improved re the astigmatism but the left eye does not. The eyes definitely have different focal lengths and I’m getting floaters on a daily basis from the left eye, although not severely. The consultant has told me to continue putting in eye drops for another month before I go back to see him again. After the first eye was done I had an eye test at the hospital and with the addition of lenses found I got good vision. Hopefully, it will be better than what I had previouly with spectacles but it’s still pretty disappointing!

47. alyssa on April 2nd, 2013 11:30 am

I have very poor vision (-11.75 and -11.50). I wear contact lenses right now but need readers to do up-close work. I have developed cataracts and the doctor has said that I have to decide whether I want to be able to see up close (no readers but with glasses for distance) or far (readers but possibly no glasses for vision). I also have astinmatism. I am really torn. What to do? Any recommendations? Also, right now, with no readers and no glasses, I can see approximately 5 inches clearly. Will I lose that?

48. Carmen on April 2nd, 2013 7:49 pm

Had a Toric Lens implant, unable to read, was told that Lasik might correct the problem?? Thanks

49. clinton on April 4th, 2013 11:30 am

I had astigmatism in both eyes, as well as poor acuity. I had toric lenses placed in both eyes, the latest just over a month ago. I see a ghost image just up and to the left of the good image. If I close the left eye, vision is very good with no ghost. If I close the right eye, there is no ghost image because my image is the former ghost. What could be wrong? Will it go away with time for brain adaptation/ more healing? If not, what could be done?

50. ari on April 4th, 2013 9:32 pm

russel- you are not expected to see well at near/computer distance without a new pair of glasses after surgery.

re distance- it seems the astigmatism reduction was not as good as the surgeon had hoped. unfortunately, the toric lens is not perfect. but with glasses, you should see normally at distance, as long as the fuchs is not affecting the vision.

alyssa- i would advise getting the toric lens for the astigmatism. whether to get corrected for distance or vision- it all depends on your lifestlye. personally, i like working/reading w/o glasses, so i would opt for some myopia, and wear glasses for distance.

carmen–the toric lens does not give both distance and reading vision. if you see well at distance w/o glasses, then you need reading glasses to read/computer. lasik will not help.

clinton–if you see a ghost image with both eyes, but not when one eye is closed, it’s very suspicious for a problem in the alignment of your eyes. this can happen after cataract surgery, and can often go away in few months. if not, you may need prism glasses, or even eye muscle surgery to straighten the eyes. of course, you need a good exam to rule out any other causes of misalignment.

51. Carmen on April 5th, 2013 11:15 am

Thanks for your reply, Is Lasik safe procedure after Implant, thanks

52. Sam on April 6th, 2013 5:59 pm

Hello … I am scheduled to have a Toric implant in the left eye next week.I have astigmatism and some myopia in both eyes (in the -4 range).

My cataracts are minimal, but I was advised that a Toric implant will be a good solution for both astigmatism and the minimal cataracts.

I did discuss another option with my surgeon, the Intacs procedure, since I also have Keratoconus.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Intacs procedure, and given what I have read on this forum, it appears that if I do the Toric implant in one eye, I should plan on doing the other one soon thereafter (I was not planning on doing the right eye until much later). I can’t afford not to be able to drive or work for too long.

Lastly, (and as Dr. Weitzner also suggested), I had asked to leave a slight negative power (-1.5) for the reasons that Dr. Weitzner mentioned. Plus, I have the looks of a plus power lens in glasses/

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Many thanks

53. ari on April 6th, 2013 10:16 pm

lasik can be helpful for distance vision after cataract, when there is residual refractive error and the patient wants better vision w/o glasses at distance.

54. Russell on April 8th, 2013 6:27 am

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did realise I would need glasses for reading/PC work. However, I was hoping I would be O.K. for long distance vision without glasses as was the surgeon. Does this mean I may as well have saved my money on the torric lenses or will it still help me to get better vision with glasses? I’ve been looked at by 3 different consultants since my operation and they all say that the operation was technically perfect and that it has had no adverse impact on my fuchs dystrophy. Also since I first posted, a web shaped floater has suddenly appeared on my right eye (around a week ago) and has remained there permanently! I’ve had it checked out by 2 consultants at the hospital who tell me it is nothing to worry about although it seems strange as that eye was done on Jan 18th and I had no previous sign of any floaters in it! I’ve had intermittent black dot floaters on the left eye since that was done on Feb 18th but they haven’t concerned me as they only appear now and then for short periods of time. The one on the right eye, however, is really annoying me!

55. ari on April 8th, 2013 9:12 am

even though the toric lens is not perfect, you still would see worse if you got a standard lens, so dont rue the investment. its disappointing to you and the surgeon that you dont see better w/o glasses. but you still made the right decision. if you need glasses to see better at distance, then why not wear them? i would ordinarily advise lasik to get your vision better w/o glasses if you are very motivated, but i dont think fuchs patients are good candidates.

floaters after surgery are very common and are nothing to worry about when the surgeon has examined you and sees nothing wrong. try to ignore them. floaters are inevitable for all of us, but surgery can bring them on a little earlier.

56. Russell on April 9th, 2013 5:43 am

Thanks again for the reply. Very reassuring.

57. ari on April 9th, 2013 8:45 pm

my pleasure

58. Georg on May 17th, 2013 10:33 pm

I had a Acrysof Toric lense implant 10 days ago in my right eye. Since then I’m having a very poorly vision in both eyes. I didn’t have cataract, I just did it to correct my astigmatism and farsightedness, which were high. Two days ago I went to my doctor and with my pupils expanded in the exam I could see very well. The doctor said I still had 0,25 of farsightedness and 0,75 of astigmatism and said that it still could go up or down. The doctor also said that my distance vision will be perfect and that I’ll still need glasses to read, the only problem with that is that my distance vision was already perfect and he said I wouldn’t need glasses anymore to see near. I’m wondering if with time I will be able to see better or if there’s something wrong. I’m even having doubts if I should make the surgery in my left eye too given that right now I can barely see any letters. How much time does one take to see more clearly after the surgery? I would be very glad if you could help me out. Thanks in advance

59. ari on May 20th, 2013 3:00 pm

the prescription should be sable in another 2-3 weeks. if you are still unhappy, you may need an adjustment in the implant (back to the operating room), or, get lasik to get rid of the residual refractive error. there is never a guarantee about the refractive outcome in implant surgery. never. the computer models we use to determine the implant are not 100% accurate. more like 96%.

60. Michael Deehan on May 29th, 2013 3:06 pm

Had the toric implants 10 months ago. Don’t recommend them at all. The good eye went from 20/40 to 20/80. The bad eye (after implant) went from 20/50 to 20/200 and glasses will not correct. That eye is also foggy, like looking through crumpled celephane paper. Even 4 hours of corrective surgery didn’t help. At least color perception is better. If you can use glasses now to get good vision then stay where you are.

61. ari on May 29th, 2013 8:38 pm

im afraid that makes no sense, it is impossible for these implants to give poor vision uncorrected by glasses. impossible. i suggest strongly you get a second opinion as to why you dont see well. it has nothing to do with the implants. and i dont understand what 4 hours of corrective surgery means. even a corneal transplant only takes an hour tops. something else clearly is going on.

62. Michael on May 30th, 2013 7:41 am

Four hours is correct. In at 710 am, out at 11 am (to recovery room). Probably a teaching experience because there were two dr’s doing the work and three more observing.
    Might be impossible but I cannot read the letters on a stop sign from 50 feet away with the bad eye. My initial visit to start this process was absolutely the worst decision I ever made, so I don’t plan on a second opinion (besides, the cost is way beyond my means since I no longer can work in my lifelong profession).

63. ari on June 2nd, 2013 5:31 pm

if 2 doctors were there, it sounds like you went to a clinic/teaching hospital and not a private office. so very likely you operated on by a resident supervised by an attending, with students watching. so as i said, the poor results have nothing to do with the implant. zero. it has everything to do with the fact that you had a difficult operation which took 4 hours. i am sorry about that.

64. Deborah on June 12th, 2013 7:08 pm

My mother had cataract surgery with TORIC implants approximately 3/4 weeks ago. Suddenly, she started to experience blurred vision. It’s now been almost 2 weeks and she still has the same symptom ~ blurred vision. She did see the doctor who performed the surgery and the doc said everything was fine and put some eyedrops in her eyes at her appointment??? what’s this all about ~ the blurred vision was not even addressed. Should we be concerned???

65. ari on June 14th, 2013 8:59 am

of course you should be. ask the doctor why the vision is blurred. if you dont get a reasonable answer, see another doctor asap.

66. nonnie on June 17th, 2013 5:18 pm

Yes I to have had Toric Lens Implants in March 2013.My left eye first ,it was great could read without glasses,but when I had the right eye done it changed every
    thing my I became near sighted and now I notice my vision got worse .I also have white clouds of floaters and shadows.My left Toric lens has shifted when I went back last week to my Dr. He says it’s better to leave alone then fix the problem.
    Had to get glasses to drive and watch tv but it’s better than wearing glasses all the time. Guess i’llhave to put up with the floaters too.

67. Ray on June 19th, 2013 12:48 pm

I’m a 51 year old truck driver that has recently started eye surgery for cataracts. Had my Rt. none dominate eye done with a Toric IOL June 13, 2013. My second on will be done on the 24th of June. Not really sure why I have cataracts at such an early age. I’m not your typical truck driver, I’m very health conscious, eat right, plenty of sleep, do Triathlons, big mountain biker but running is my sport. It took 5 marathons to qualify for Boston which I ran this year in April. So here is my question: when I was in the Clinic doing testing for my RX, the Dr. told me he would most likely be using a T3 Toric. But the surgeon put in a T4. which corrects for 1.55 at the corneal plane. I believe my eye was right at 1.0. When I got out of surgery I tested at 20/30 now am pushing 20/25 please don’t get me wrong I’m happy but I wonder if the extra cylinder power was necessary? Do we need more cylinder power when we grow older? Or was this most likely done to better match my dominate eye when it gets done? Thanks Ari in advance, I have really enjoyed your insightful comments to the others on this site.

68. Ann Taylor on June 25th, 2013 2:38 pm

I had toric lenses implanted in both eyes approximately 1 month apart. The right eye is 20/15 and doing great. The left eye was 20/25 and I was pleased. However, on my last visit to the Dr. I could see hardly anything with the left eye. The eye chart was blurry and shadows around the letters and I could not tell what they were. I was very discouraged and told the Dr. so which he did not appreciate. I paid $1400 each for these lenses and yet the left one that was okay is not now. The Dr. offered no solution other than glasses which is why I went with Toric so I would not wear glasses for distant vision. He brushed me off and made my next appointment with a Dr. of Optometry instead of him ( he is supposed to be the expert). Is it possible the lense has slipped out of position and can the lense be adjusted?

69. Ann Baker on July 7th, 2013 4:56 pm

I had cataract surgery on right eye and it turned out wonderful- had a torq lens in left eye because I was told I had astigmatism in left eye- ever since that surgery five weeks ago I have double vsion with no improvement in it – I was told the torq lens would correct my vision problems and I would probably only need reading glasses. This has been terrible Is regret having the second surgery- and I did speak up – immediately – told them in the recovery room I had double vision when they put the dressing on – scheduled for a doctor who specializes in double vision and I will have to have prism glasses- what are these and what are my options. I feel this doctor has ruined my eyes.

70. Sharron on July 9th, 2013 2:43 pm

It will be one year to date next mont that I had a Acry SPF iq ReStor Multifpcal iol inplant into my left eye! What a mistake! I have constant blurred vision bright lights are like looking directly into the sun. My eye feels like I always have sand in it not to mention I can no longer work! This Lens was put inbt a Retinal specialist and I feel I should have been advised more on this lens. But I think he only saw DOLLAR signs! I have seen SIX doctors since this surgery and they all seem to think it should never have been implanted in the first place! They say just live with it . To have it removed is more expense and there is no guarantee my vision will be any better! My advice to anyone who is thinking of getting a lens implant don’t! Especially if your cadracts are slight. Keep your money in your pocket and what vision you have! Once they have your money they the docs will tell you anything!

71. Dr. Ari Weitzner on July 14th, 2013 12:43 am

you are describing one of the side effects of the lens, which should have been told to you before the surgery. having it removed and replaced is your best option, but there are some risks.

72. Dr. Ari Weitzner on July 14th, 2013 12:47 am

ann baker-the toric lens has nothing to do with the double vision. double vision is a rare complication of cataract surgery

ann taylor- if you see better with glasses, that means the toric lens may have indeed rotated. you may want to have the lens rotated back into position- if he wont consider it, get a second opinion. there is some risk with that surgery, though. maybe you should stick to the glasses,

73. Dee on July 21st, 2013 4:59 am

I am grateful that I found this website! Had a Toric Lens implanted in my right eye during cataract surgery on 7/17. At my follow-up appointment the next day the nurse had me cover my left eye and read the eye chart. I was surprised I could not read any of the letters which appeared to be out of focus. Is this normal? Is this a sign of incorrect placement of the lens? When I spoke to the nurse about it she responded that my eye was still in the process of healing. My distance vision has greatly improved, but I want to make sure what I am experiencing is expected the day after surgery.

74. Billie on July 21st, 2013 7:31 am

Oh my! I am a 60 year old woman with Cataracts, wear tri-focal glasses, have astigmatism & need glasses for driving and watching TV. I am scheduled for surgery and doctor has suggested the Toric lens and mono lens. I am told that I probably will not need glasses except for extended driving or reading. After reading about all the problems people have had I am so very concerned. Thinking I should for go the Toric lens and just wear glasses for driving and TV. Are there any statistics you can share tht might be reassuring ? Am beside myself as to what to do. I depend heavily on commuting for work. HELP!

75. Fra on July 26th, 2013 5:35 pm

I had a toric lens that replaced the lens covered by Medicare done in my left eye because of astigmatism. This was supposed to correct the double vision I have with bright lights only. This did not correct the problem. Now the doctor suggested I have the other right dominant eye done with the new toric lens for astigmatism. Will this correct the double vision I have with bright lights?

76. ari on August 5th, 2013 11:39 pm

the “double vision” is usually due to the cataract causing ghosting or glare. if you still have this after cataract surgery, and the doctor cant/wont explain why, then you need a second opinion.
    toric lenses do not cause double vision.

77. ari on August 5th, 2013 11:46 pm

dee- sometimes vision can take a few weeks, or rarely a few months, to fully come back to normal. if after a few weeks still not right, you need testing, and you should not have second eye done until your doctor can explain why your vision is not normal.

billie–the toric lens fixes the astigmatism. mono means you are correcting one eye for distance and 1 eye for near, so that you can read a fair amount with no glasses. but mono is not perfect, as it gives you 2 different prescriptions in your eyes so they are not in perfect balance. if you want super sharp vision, forget the mono and get implants so you can either have both eyes for reading (and wear glasses for distance), or vice versa. it all depends on how motivated you are not to have to wear glasses. mono is a compromise, but most people like it.

78. Cindy on August 8th, 2013 12:33 am

My eye challenges continue. Firstly, I had a vitrectomy to repair a macular hole in my left eye last November. I can’t tell you how big the hole was but prior to surgery basically everything in my central line of vision was blank. Post surgery, all tests indicate hole has been closed (my surgeon is please with the results from an anatomical standpoint), however I still have a small blind spot which is likely there to stay. As expected, I developed a cataract and 2 weeks ago had a toric lens implanted. Whites are whiter than white compared to my “good eye” however after about one week, my vision became fuzzier and fuzzier plus my blind spot was intensified. Went back to surgeon this morning, as I suspected, my lense shifted. I’m back in next Tuesday for what I’m told is a minor correction. Naturally, I’m concerned especially after all I’ve been through. How common is it for a lense to shift post op? Bottom line What should I expect after the lense is repositioned?

79. Dawn on August 14th, 2013 8:46 pm

I had toric lenses placed in both eyes about 2 years ago. I had issues and my doctor kept brushing it off. I saw a second opinion who did yag on my bad eye. It made it worse. The star bursts at night are so bad that I wear sunglasses to drive at night or put a patch over the eye. The second opinion suggested that he could ‘try’ putting a lense in front of the lens to see if that helps and if not he woudl remove it. He got the idea from a list serve he was one. I said no. I saw a 3rd doctor and he said at this point there is nothing that can be done and I have to live with it. Now my good eye is getting worse. I see a lot of curly floaties and they do not go away. They are fairly large. I am now getting flashing of light (a vertical line) when I move my eye from one side to the other. The line is on the outside. So when I am reading, I keep seeing this line. It is by far worse at night. But it is there during teh day as well. The floaties are beginnign to interfere wtih seeing. What is going on? I no longer trust any of the doctors as I do nto think I even needed teh cataract surgery. I was told taht it would eliminate the star bursts at night that kept getting worse. It did not. I was told that I would not need glasses and after I was told that I should have glasses. I woudl not have spent $2500 and I woudl not have had surgery if I was not strong-armed by teh staff and the doctor. The notes were cryptic – just said teh cataracts were getting worse. I had the surgery when I was 57.

80. ari on August 21st, 2013 11:28 am

floaters are unrelated to cataract surgery- we get them no matter what.
    starbursts are common with cataracts, but yes- some patients still have them after cataracts are removed. somehow, the implant scatters the light.
    if the capsule is scattering the light, then a yag is the correct procedure. im sorry it didnt help.
    a close look at the retina with oct may be in order to rule out an epiretinal membrane.
    your symptoms have nothing to do with the toricity of the implant.

81. ari on August 21st, 2013 11:33 am

cindy–shifting of the implant occurs like 5% of the time. the odds of it shifting again are very very low.

82. jjn85710 on October 12th, 2013 9:56 pm

I had cataract surgery on my right eye in April, 2013. The doctor recommended the Toric lens with the focal point be set to NEAR. Her reasoning was that since I have never needed glasses to read why change now. I am 63. So, the day after surgery, I could read perfectly at reading distance. The eyeglass presciption for distance went down almost in half. I had the left eye done on Oct 1 2013 and she said she set the focal point to NEAR the same as the right. The day after surgery, I had difficulty seeing with that eye at normal reading distance. But, my distance vision became clearer than my right eye without the use of glasses. I tested this by not using glasses at all and covering each eye to see how far I could see. The temporary prescription for the left eye for distance went down more than half. So, my prescriptions for each eye is different by .5, where the left eye needed less correction for distance. I am not complaining about the improved distance vision, but, I am concerned about the NEAR vision difference. I asked her point blank if it was possible that the Toric she put into my left eye was set to distance or even perhaps at midrange. Was it possible that the lens was not the lens she reuqested. It has been 11 days since the left eye cataract surgery.

I am very concerned about why the result was so different for both eyes. She assured me that she set the focal point on the left eye Toric to NEAR. I just doesn’t seem that way to me.

I am wondering if it recommended that she redo the left eye and make sure the implant is set the same as the right. But, I have heard that it not a good idea to remove an implant because of possible risks. She indicated that if my NEAR vision difference bothers me so much, that she could possibly tweek the positioning, but, she wanted to wait to see me in 3 weeks in order for the left eye to heal. She indicated that it takes around 4 weeks before the eye will heal and that will also be after the after surgery eyedrops.

I was told by the nurse that if the lens was set to distance, then I would not likely be seeing even midrange with my left. She was confident that the correc lens was implanted.

Any thoughts aboout what I am experiencing that would help me determine if my concerns are valid.

thanks

83. ari on October 14th, 2013 7:30 pm

looks to me the implant power is off. whether it was done by mistake- she corrected you for distance-or its just the way the lens sits in the eye- i dont know. if you are miserable, it pays to replace the implant NOW before it scars in- but even so, the risk is not zero and you may get a complication, particularly breaking the capsular bag which can reduce your vision or make it impossible to put in a standard lens. if you are NOT miserable, then i think you should leave it alone and get glasses to balance out the eyes.

84. Dave on October 29th, 2013 10:17 pm

First off, I am 52 years old.

Going to the doctor for my consultation prior to cataract surgery on Nov. 7. According to my regular eye doctor, I have a posterior subcapsule cataract in my left eye. My vision has gone significantly downhill in the left eye over the last 18 months, but has barely changed in the right eye. I do not have any sign of a cataract in my right eye.

I have astigmatism in both eyes and would like to have the toric lens implanted in my left eye to correct both the cataract and astigmatism.

If I do the Toric lens to take care of both the cataract and astigmatism in my left eye, can I get Lasik in my right eye to fix the astigmatism in that one?

My goal is to get rid of glasses for the first time since I was 5 years old. I had “lazy eye” in my right eye back then but it went away. Ironic that now that is my good eye!!!

If I have to use “cheaters” or reading glasses, I don’t mind, but I’d like to get rid of glasses most of the time.

Will Toric in one eye work and Lasik in the other?

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.

85. Ari on November 14th, 2013 3:37 pm

That would work, but LASIK for astigmatism can be a little unpredictable. It can also make future cataract surgery a little difficult, as it can be tricky figuring out the power of the implant after LASIK. But we are getting better at that, so probably won’t be a problem.

86. Susan on December 4th, 2013 2:10 am

Prior to cataract surgery, I had bilateral astigmatism. I had Toric lenses implanted in both eyes several months ago (R eye in August and L eye in September), and they were set for monovision (I wore monovision contacts successfully for a number of years). My R eye vision is outstanding. The second I opened my R eye after surgery my distance vision was (and is) great. Two weeks after my first surgery, I had L eye surgery with distance set for near. When I opened my L eye after surgery, the whole world was blurry and I felt like there was a wrinkle or something in the middle of the lens (sort of like the Nike swoosh.) My L eye vision has improved (now 20/40) and I have new glasses for reading. My main post-surgery problem is that I now have some double vision. When I tuck my chin in and look straight ahead, my vision is OK (only one image). When I raise my chin to a neutral position and look straight ahead, I start seeing two images. The further I tilt my head back, the two images that I see become further and further apart. When I do see the double images, if I close my L eye, I only see one image with my R eye. When I close my R eye, I only see one image with my left eye. My Dr recommended Lasik; however, I have some problem with dry eyes so this isn’t an option for me. The astigmatism in my L eye is now about what it was prior to surgery. Driving is difficult, especially at night. Any idea about what’s going on? Any recommendation(s) to get rid of the dual images?

87. ari on December 8th, 2013 7:42 pm

if you see double like you describe, lasik will not help- its an issue with the way the eyes are aligned, and this needs to be evaluated and probably monitored. treatment depends on the cause.
    if the vision feels distorted in 1 eye, then the macula needs to be evaluated carefully for fluid or wrinkles.

88. Dodie on December 20th, 2013 9:58 am

I had cataract surgery 12/13/13, he said I wouldn’t need glasses only for reading. I had the toric implant and after surgery I now am farsighted and lights are like a side ways V. I’m schedule for the other but am skeptical now. Don’t know what to do He claims the astigmatism is gone, but what good is that if your vision isn’t great.

89. Marilyn Dec. 30, 2013 on December 30th, 2013 10:53 am

I have irregular astigmatism and had cataract surgery on Nov. 18 and 19. The first implant for the right eye (a reading lens) including laser correction for astigmatism is fine. I am happy with the reading lens, having done mono vision for 25 years. The problem is with the Toric implant in my left eye. I have a sense of distorted vision in the left lateral visual field, starting about 45 degrees to 90 degrees from my center of vision. I have 20/20 vision in that eye, but the distortion makes me feel nauseous and gives me a feeling of loss of equilibrium. I revisited my surgeon on Dec 19 and told him that I had a disturbance in my left lateral field of vision. He gave me a full examination and told me that everything was healing properly and looked good. He suggested drops to make the pupil small, but did not really think I needed to do that. I agree.

I think I was not specific enough about the extent of the distortion. I am concerned that he believes that the distortion is only in the far lateral field (70 to 90 degrees). I am getting to the point where any lens rotation or removal is more risky. Is this distortion (from 45 to 90 degrees) unusual and will it go away or will I get used to it? Should I revisit the surgeon?

90. ari on January 2nd, 2014 3:33 pm

the toric lens should not cause distortion. it can only cause blur over then entire field. so your symptoms are coming from somewhere else- most likely retina (macular pucker). i suggest going back to the doctor and get oct of retina. if that is normal, consider a visual field test

91. ari on January 2nd, 2014 3:44 pm

dodie–have the first eye checked out thouroughly before doing second eye. it may be a retinal issue thats causing the “v”. or folds in the capsule.

92. Parto on January 24th, 2014 7:08 pm

I just had a check up last week and my new doctor suggested a surgery to get new lenses ( I think he means Toric lenses) to help me read without glasses and also correct my far sight that is not as good as it used to be and correct astigmatism. He also said that because of the condition of my eyes I will be needing a correction Lasik surgery couple of months after the first one. How can he be sure before doing the first surgery that I will need the second Lasik one? I also felt he is kind of gritty since I have primary and secondary insurance that covers% 90 of the surgery since he is a network doctor but his surgery facility is out of network (even though it is in his office and they pay $350 for facility), they told me that I still have $2000 out of pocket to pay. Does that make sense to you to pay this amount with having 2 insurances? My other question is how can I find an experienced surgeon in California preferably LA with the latest machines that can actually measure the prescription of your eyes while you are still on the operating room? Is there a site to show which doctors have it? What is the name and the model of that machine because any doctors can claim they have the latest technology.

93. parto on January 24th, 2014 7:12 pm

I just had a check up last week and my new doctor suggested a surgery to get new lenses ( I think he means Toric lenses) to help me read without glasses and also correct my far sight that is not as good as it used to be and correct astigmatism. He also said that because of the condition of my eyes I will be needing a correction Lasik surgery couple of months after the first one. How can he be sure before doing the first surgery that I will need the second Lasik one? I also felt he is kind of gritty since I have primary and secondary insurance that covers% 90 of the surgery and $350 for operating facility. I was told I still have $2000 out of pocket to pay. Is this a going rate? My other question is how can I find an experienced surgeon in California preferably LA with the latest machines that can actually measure the prescription of your eyes while you are still on the operating room? Is there a site to show which doctors have it? What is the name and the model of that machine because any doctors can claim they have the latest technology.

94. Morgaine on February 14th, 2014 3:48 am

I have been near-sighted my whole life with mild astigmatism, but only needed glasses for distance (driving). Following a vitrectomy on my right eye for a retinal detachment, a cataract developed and over a two month period rendered me unable to see in that one eye. Even though my astigmatism was mild, the cornea specialist I was referred to talked me into a premium toric lens. The results of the surgery was horrible. My eyes don’t coordinate together, my depth perception is off as is contrast and brightness. I feel like I’m wearing someone else’s prescription glasses. I get a sense of vertigo/dizziness when I have both eyes open, especially in well-lite situations. I am seeing triple images with triple ghost images above ( for example, if I look at the light on the computer monitor I see six images of it.) When I try to read with both eyes, my right eye shakes. It stops shaking if I read with only one eye. The toric lens removed only about half of the astigmatism, but with the triple/six images, my vision is worse in that eye than my nature astigmatism ever was. There is something terribly wrong. The surgeon is not being accountable. He ignores my concerns, doesn’t even document them in the medical record and responds with extreme defensiveness. He is only willing to address the astigmatism (nothing else) by doing more surgery (lasik). I don’t see how that will help with all the other problems. The astigmatism is the least of my worries as that can most likely be corrected with glasses.
    I have been told by a different doctor that the triple/six images is due to the membrane behind the implant being stretched abnormally by the placement of the artificial lens, causing my vision to be stretched out into multiple images. If this is the case, could this be causing all the problems and is this membrane at risk of being torn?
    I don’t know what to do. This has dramatically impaired the quality of my life. I have been told I need to give it more time and perhaps I’ll get used to it. It’s already been seven weeks since the surgery. I am concerned that if I wait too long, the option of replacing the implant will be lost.

95. oll on February 14th, 2014 4:52 am

i wish i had read this before getting cataract surgery, i’m 27 yrs old, when to an optometrist for regular prescription. Got 20/20 vision, he said i had cataracts , this was surprising to me, since i didn’t even know. Went to the opthamalogist, who recommended surgery on both eyes. my first eye seemed ok, i could see ok intermediate but very sharp far. I got the mono, so the next eye was supposed to be near, this was the big mistake. i can only read up close very well, but i cannot use the computer, it becomes a blur. i cannot even see the radio station with my near eyes. i can see more of my radio station in my car with my far eyes than near, that’s how much of a blur things get. He didn’t even tell me about progressives, when i got my glasses i thought there was an error. i had used single vision all my life, this was very depressing for me. i was almost suicidal. i never knew Drs could be untruthful especially to a young person. My vision without glasses with cataracts were 20/40left and 20/50 on my right. It was wrong for him to have taken it out.
    My post cataracts surgery prescription is below
    R -0.25, CYL +0.75, Axis +90
    L -3.00, +0.75, + 90
    ADD R +2.50
    L +2.50

96. Morgaine on February 14th, 2014 1:00 pm

I need to correct something in what I said in my first submission. I misunderstood what “ghost images” are. I don’t see images after I’ve stopped looking at an image, which is what I now understand is a ghost image. I don’t know the proper term but when I look at a computer light, for example, I see three images of the computer light and then three lesser images of the same above and slightly to the right of the solid three images. I hope that clarifies so you will more accurately know what I’m experiencing. Thank you for any help you can offer.

97. ari on February 26th, 2014 3:34 pm

not sure why you got cataract surgery if you could see well with your glasses…i dont get it.
    seems the doctor should have explained to you better what to expect after surgery.
    you need to be examined to figure out why you get ghost image. sometimes it can be due to the capsule that holds the cataract, and that can be fixed with a laser.

98. marco on March 14th, 2014 12:36 pm

I just had a toric implant about 2 days ago I’ve been taking all the eye drops as I was told I’m feeling like I have something in my eye when I blink is that normal or is something wrong I’m getting frustrated pleas help