Should We Be Administering Besivance or Azasite Via DuraSite After Phaco?
October 21, 2010
An article in AJO compared Besivance, Azasite (both using DuraSite vehicle) and Cipro when injected into rabbit eye anterior chambers. It seems the Durasite blocks the trabecular meshwork and may be toxic. The authors advise not using these drops after clear corneal surgery unless a suture is placed. I don’t know anybody who uses anything but Zymar and Vigamox post-op.
You might also enjoy...
- InSite Vision Commences Phase 1/2 Clinical Study of ISV-303 for Post-Surgical Ocular Pain and Swelling Following Cataract and Other Surgeries
- iStent With Phaco Gets Better Pressure Control Than Phaco Alone
- What Are Risks of Cataract Surgery After Corneal Transplants?
- Alcon Launches ILEVRO™ for Treatment of Pain and Inflammation Associated with Cataract Surgery
- Acuvail vs. Nevanac Prior to Cataract Surgery
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments