Sircle Labs Launches Macutek: New AREDS Formulated Vitamin With Lutein for Dry Age Related Macular Degeneration
July 2, 2010
New York-based Sircle Laboratories recently announced that it has launched Macutek, a new AREDS formulated ocular vitamin for Dry Age Related Macular Degeneration. Macutek, with 20 mg of lutein, is manufactured as a Smooth Dissolve Tablet that melts in the mouth. This sublingual method of drug administration allows up to 10 times the amount of lutein absorption into the blood plasma. Studies have shown that patients with high intake of lutein and zeaxanthin have thicker Macular Pigment Optical Density and better functioning retinas. (AREDS Report #2, LAST Study).
Macutek must be dispensed under a doctor’s prescription. This provides an opportunity for the dispensing doctor to closely monitor the progression of a patient’s wet AMD.
Macutek can be ordered by most pharmacies for next day delivery. It is also now covered on the formularies of CareMark and TriCare.
For more information on Macutek visit www.macutek.com.
You might also enjoy...
- Researchers Identify Lutein Binding Protein in Human Retina
- Benefits of Lutein and Zeaxanthin for Eye Health Discussed at Conference on Carotenoids Research
- Alcon Acrysof Natural IOL That Filters Blue Light May Prevent Macular Degeneration
- Lutein, Zeaxanthin and Other Eye Health Supplements See Strong Market Growth
- AREDS and AREDS2: Recommendations
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments