An Overview of Current Anti-VEGF Protocols for AMD
May 4, 2010
Dr. Dante J. Pieramici, a retina specialist at California Retina Consultants, has written a comprehensive overview of current protocols for anti-VEGF treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
In his article, New Uses of Anti-VEGF Agents for the Treatment of Neovascular AMD, written for Refractive Eyecare, Dr. Pieramici discusses current approaches for boosting efficacy and the duration of anti-VEGF therapy, including the evaluation of new dosing regimens, higher drug doses, and the use of combination therapies and newer medications.
With the permission of the author and the publisher, I have reproduced his writeup in my online Journal.
The article can be viewed at this link.
In addition, I have also provided a link to a similar article just published in Ocular Surgery News, titled: Combination Therapy May Augment Anti-VEGF Activity.
You might also enjoy...
- How Fovista Works to Increase Vision in the Treatment of Wet AMD: The Science Behind the Combined Therapy
- Is Anti-Pericyte Aptamer Effective Against CNV?
- An Overview of New Treatments for Dry AMD
- Adjunctive Therapy for Intravitreal Injections for ARMD
- FDA Grants NeoVista’s Request to Utilize Novel Wet AMD Treatment in Compassionate Case
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments