Congress Delays Medicare Pay Cut
April 12, 2010
Hurray! Congress has voted to schedule a vote later this week to delay the 20% fee cut til May 1. They are also drafting legislation to ‘fix” this annual problem of reversing Medicare fee cuts, by freezing the fees for five years. Great idea, guys! Keep up the good work! I am seriously considering dropping Medicare, or, charging a mandatory $40 refraction fee for every visit. Otherwise, I really don’t see how my practice can be profitable with these fees.
You might also enjoy...
- Does It Make Sense for an Ophthalmologist to Do Refractions?
- Should You Drop Your Bottom Payors?
- Try To Hire Part Time Workers
- FTC Delays Enforcement of Red Flag Rule
- AudioDigest Is a Great Way to Keep Current
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments