Should I Undergo Collagen Crosslinking with Riboflavin For My Keratoconus?
April 1, 2010
I am 22 years of age and have been diagnosed with keratoconus. One of my doctors took an Orbscan and said that I need to do the collagen crosslinking with riboflavin (C3-R) procedure.
I have cylindrical power of -2.5 on my right eye and -2.0 in my left eye, and spherical power of -1 in both eyes.
My questions are:
1. Is this C3R is needed very urgently for me, or shall i continue with corrective contact lenses?
2. What will happen if i doesn’t do the C3-R procedure?
3. Is C3-R a complex procedure?
4. Will the C3-R improve the keratoconus quickly?
5. Is there is any other treatment for keratoconus besides C3-R or Cornea Transplantation?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments