OXiGENE Announces Plans to Acquire Symphony ViDA Along With Rights to ZYBRESTAT™ for Ophthalmology
July 8, 2009
OXiGENE, Inc. announced that it is exercising its option to acquire all of the equity of Symphony ViDA, Inc. in exchange for six million newly-issued shares of OXiGENE common stock. OXiGENE will also re-acquire all rights to the ZYBRESTAT™ for ophthalmology and OXi4503 programs that are currently licensed to Symphony ViDA.
ZYBRESTAT™ is a vascular-disrupting agent (VDA); this agent selectively targets and collapses tumor vasculature which leads the death of the tumor cells. In clinical trials with patients with macular degeneration, intravenously-administered ZYBRESTAT™ has demonstrated activity, and OXiGENE plans to develop a topical formulation for ophthalmological indications.
OXi4503 is a dual-mechanism VDA that is in development for the treatment of solid tumors.
OXiGENE is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company which develops novel therapeutics to treat cancer and eye diseases. The company’s major focus is developing vascular disrupting agents (VDAs) that selectively disrupt abnormal blood vessels associated with solid tumor progression and visual impairment.
Read the release.
You might also enjoy...
- OXiGENE Starts ZYBRESTAT Phase 2 Study for Treatment of Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy
- Can Salvage Radiotherapy Preserve Useful Vision in Bilateral Retinoblastoma?
- FDA Grants Accelerated Approval of Avastin for Brain Cancer (Glioblastoma) That Has Progressed Following Prior Therapy
- Zirgan™ for Herpes Keratitis from Sirion Therapeutics Approved by FDA
- ThromboGenics Announces New Phase III Ocriplasmin Data Presented at the 2011 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS)
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments