Carl Zeiss Meditec Receives FDA Clearance for Cirrus HD-OCT Software Version 4.0
June 9, 2009
Carl Zeiss Meditec announced today that its new suite of optical coherence tomography (OCT) software applications for the Cirrus™ HD-OCT has been cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for commercial distribution. The Cirrus HD-OCT 4.0 with Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer and Macular Normative Databases is indicated for in-vivo viewing, axial cross-sectional, and three-dimensional imaging and measurement of anterior and posterior ocular structures.
Cirrus HD-OCT Version 4.0 offers three tools for quantified glaucoma assessment and management:
- RNFL Normative Database helps to identify retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) loss.
- Anterior Segment Imaging provides visualization of the angle and measurement of central corneal thickness.
- Guided Progression Analysis™ (GPA) software supports glaucoma treatment decision-making by identifying statistically significant changes in RNFL thickness.
New enhancements also help clinicians better manage retinal diseases and monitor patient response to therapy:
- Macular Change Analysis helps physicians evaluate retinal status and response to therapy by mapping changes in macular thickness.
- Fovea Finder automatically identifies the center of the fovea to ensure the accuracy of macular thickness measurements.
- Macular Thickness Normative Data allows physicians to identify retina disease based on comparison to age-matched data.
Read the full release on BusinessWire.
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments