How Fovista Works to Increase Vision in the Treatment of Wet AMD: The Science Behind the Combined Therapy
July 5, 2012
Dr. Weitzner has written about the combined therapy of Fovista and Lucentis in this post.
And I have previously written how impressed I was when I read Dr. Pravin Dugel’s writeup about how the combination therapy of an anti-VEGF and an anti-PDGF can dramatically increase vision in the treatment of wet AMD – see my AMD Update 19. Now, thanks to the good folks at Ophthotec, I have written and illustrated how the science behind this combined therapy works.
To understand how Fovista combined with Lucentis or Eylea works to increase vision in the treatment of wet AMD , follow this link.
You might also enjoy...
- Study Shows Fovista Administered in Combination With Lucentis Yields Better Results Treating Wet AMD Than Lucentis Alone
- DARPins, The Next “Game Changer” for Wet AMD?
- Is Anti-Pericyte Aptamer Effective Against CNV?
- Ophthotech Announces FDA Approval for New anti-PDGF Product
- Regeneron’s Eylea: A Game Changer for Treatment of Macular Degeneration?
Jump down to form below to submit your own comments